|Assistance to Italian nationals|
|Procedure for the issuance of visas|
Assistance to Italian Nationals
The Consular Office of the Embassy ensures the protection of the rights and interests of Italian citizens, both permanent and temporary residents.
Italian citizens can ask the Consular Office to
deal with the following matters:
- compilation and transcription of birth/death/marriage certificates;
- banns and celebration of marriages;
- issuance or renewal of passports;
- issuance of an emergency travel document for repatriation;
- issuance of certificates of citizenship;
- military service;
- electoral services;
- power of attorney and wills;
- certification of signature, authentication and translation;
- customs certification in case of repatriation;
- pension and social security;
- grants for Italian national resident in Sri Lanka, in case of need or indigence;
- loan with promise of repayment (this is granted to a person who has to go back to Italy and is unable to have a private bank transfer in a short time);
- repatriation of nationals in case of indigence;
- repatriation of deceased nationals;
- AIRE registration (Anagrafe Italiani Residenti all'Estero);
- assistance in specific emergency situations;
- to give information regarding translations, legal matters, and medical treatment;
- renewal of national driving license;
Personal declarations (substitutive of certificates) can be written on plain paper with no need to authenticate one's own signature.
Applications can be sent by post as long as the
photocopy of an identity document is enclosed with the application.
The Consulate will not be able to:
· issue or renew identity cards;
· utilize funds of the Consulate for private reasons;
· allow the use of telephones for personal reasons;
· book hotels or make travel arrangements;
· exchange foreign currency for private citizens;
· give assistance in interpreting.
Duties of the citizen
It is compulsory for the citizen resident abroad to be registred with AIRE.
List of tariffs:
The tariffs of some consular services are as follows (in EURO and RS):
|Transcription of birth/marriage/death certificates||gratis|
|Emergency travel documents||gratis|
|Declaration of repatriation||gratis|
|Authentication of signature||9,30||930|
|Power of Attorney||36,16||3616|
|Issuance/renewal passport||30,99 (*)||3099|
(*) per annum, plus additional cost for passport, with
32 pages Euro 5,35, with 48 pages Euro 6,35;
All services are carried out in accordance with the principles of equality, impartiality, efficiency, and transparency.
A register is available to the public to note complaints, observations, and suggestions.
Procedure for the issuance of visas
for any useful information please refer to the following website:
Ministero degli Affari Esteri - Visti